Dear Prospective Winston Parent,
Thank you for your interest in joining The Winston School community. We are excited to have you join us for the upcoming academic year and look forward to partnering with you in your child’s academic success!
At The Winston School, students gain the learning skills and self-reliance to succeed in college and throughout life. Serving children in grades K-12, Winston challenges its students to achieve in an environment that not only supports but also celebrates their individuality and creativity.
Following are the steps to enroll your child at The Winston School.
Submit Psycho Educational Testing (full battery to include Cognitive/IQ and Achievement tests):
- Examples: Wechsler Intelligence Scales (WPPSI-IV, WISC-V or WAIS-IV) or Woodcock-Johnson – Fourth Edition: Tests of Cognitive Ability (WJ-IV) and in some cases, the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children – Second Edition (KABC-II) (must be less than 3 years old)
- Examples: Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – Third Edition (WIATIII); Woodcock-Johnson – Fourth Edition: Tests of Achievement (WJ-IV); Scholastic Abilities Test for Adults (SATA) (must be less than 3 years old), Kaufman: Test of Educational Achievement (KTEA-II).
- ARD/IEP/FIE Papers (if applicable)
Complete a Parent Tour and Interview with the Admissions Director or associate. This meeting and tour is intended for the parent(s) and it is preferred that the applicant not attend at this point in the admission process.
Submit completed Online Application and application fee of $195
To begin the Online Application process you must first Create an Account. Then, log into your account and click the “Create a New Student Application” button. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account, save what you’ve done, and continue editing until you submit the application. After submitting the application, you will be able to log into your account to:
- Track online your admission status
- Print the completed application
- Monitor receipt of supplemental application materials and
- Print additional supplemental forms if necessary
Submit school Evaluations and Transcript:
Please download, print, and sign each evaluation form below then forward to the appropriate school personnel. Include an envelope addressed to:
Photocopies of previous year’s report cards (LS and MS)
Transcript/School Records Release Form to current school (Upper School only)
In order to arrange a student visit, Steps 1-3 must be completed first.
Final Step of the application process.
- School years applicants: conduct a 3-day visit
- Summer applicants: conduct a student and family interview with Division Head
Medical Form for 3-Day Visit
(download and complete this form for 3-day visit – required)
**An Admission decision will be made within a week after the final step is completed**
We are delighted that you are applying for admission for your child. Please let us know if you have any questions about the process or the school.
Our Director of Admission can be reached at (214) 691-6950 or email@example.com